06 Dec Common Knee Injuries That Occur During A Car Accident
Car accidents are high-impact events that can lead to significant injuries throughout the body, especially to the knees. Car accident knee injuries are painful and can cause limited mobility, directly impacting your quality of life and ability to function daily. Our skilled no fault orthopedic doctors on Long Island treat various accident-related knee injuries. Our experts at Advanced Orthopedics & Joint Preservation are here to help you recover from your injuries and restore your quality of life. Continue reading to learn more about common knee injuries that can occur during a car accident.
Knee Injuries After A Car Accident
Several different knee injuries can occur during a car accident, including minor bruises or cuts to severe ligament or soft tissue injuries. Accident-related knee injuries result from external force to your knee, such as hitting the dashboard. Here are some common knee injuries our experienced no fault orthopedic doctors on Long Island treat:
- Fractures and Dislocations – During a high-impact accident, the knee can easily become dislocated or fractured. It’s essential to get your injury evaluated immediately to reduce pain and prevent further damage.
- Anterior Cruciate Ligament Injuries – The anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) is crucial for knee stability. Hyperextending the leg in an accident can result in a painful ACL injury like a tear or rupture.
- Medial Collateral Ligament Injuries – When the knee comes into contact with a solid object during an accident, the medial collateral ligament (MCL) can become injured.
- Posterior Cruciate Ligament Injuries – The posterior cruciate ligament (PCL) is the ligament in the back of the knee. This can become injured when a bent knee sustains impact during an accident.
- Meniscus Injuries – A meniscus injury can be debilitating, as it provides crucial stability and cushioning to the knee while walking. The meniscus can easily rupture during a car accident.
Regardless of your immediate symptoms, it’s essential to consult with no fault orthopedic doctors on Long Island after an accident to ensure you receive prompt treatment for your no fault claim. Our experts are well-versed in the no-fault area and can help facilitate your recovery.
Our dedicated no fault orthopedic doctors on Long Island specialize in treating various accident-related orthopedic injuries. At Advanced Orthopedics & Joint Preservation, our specialists will closely evaluate your injury and provide you with comprehensive care so you can get back to full function. Be sure to contact us today to learn more about our accident injury treatments and to request an appointment!