11 Mar Home Treatment for Discomfort from RA
If you have Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA), you may experience pain and discomfort daily. This condition can severely impact your quality of life. While you might have to take medication to manage your RA pain, several home remedies can possibly provide relief to some of your symptoms. If you are looking for a Brooklyn orthopedist to help your RA discomfort, Advanced Orthopedics & Joint Preservation is here to help!
Home Treatment for Discomfort from RA
Unfortunately, RA is a long-term condition that can progressively worsen and affect many areas of your body. This autoimmune disorder causes the body’s white blood cells to attack its own tissues. RA can also affect the lining of your joints and cause damage that can eventually lead to bone erosion and joint deformities. While there is no cure for RA, there are several forms of treatment that can potentially help improve your condition. If you are interested in trying home treatments, you should consider talking to a Brooklyn orthopedist to determine the best course of action for you and your unique needs. Here are some home treatments for discomfort from RA:
- Massage – This natural approach can potentially be helpful for pain management. There are many types of massage, so it is essential to find the kind that works best for you and your condition.
- Exercise – Your RA pain can sometimes knock you off your feet, but movement can be good for you. It has the potential to ease the swelling in your joints. Talk with your orthopedist to see if this treatment is right for you.
- Heat and Cold – Applying ice packs to your inflamed joints can help ease swelling, numb pain, and relax your muscles. If you are experiencing muscle aches, applying heat can help soothe your tense muscles.
- Diet – Some foods can cause your RA to flare up. Introducing foods with anti-inflammatory properties like fruits and vegetables can help.
- Assistive Devices – Orthopedic devices like braces and splints can help stabilize your joints so they can rest.
Rheumatoid Arthritis is a life-long condition. However, you should not give up hope that your quality of life can improve.
Contact Our Brooklyn Orthopedist
RA can be a debilitating condition, but some treatments can potentially improve your comfort. When you meet with a Brooklyn orthopedist here at Advanced Orthopedics & Joint Preservation, you will be met with comprehensive care to help you cope with your RA symptoms. To learn more about how we can help, or schedule an appointment, contact us today!