25 Mar How Can I Enhance My Hip Mobility?
Do you currently suffer from chronic hip pain? Have you been injured recently and since developed hip pain? If this sounds like something you’ve been going through, our orthopedist in Garden City NY at Advanced Orthopedics & Joint Preservation can help! We can teach you various tips and tricks to improve your hip mobility and improve your hip strength so you can hopefully live pain free!
How Can My Orthopedist in Garden City, NY Enhance My Hip Mobility?
Even if you don’t have hip problems, hip conditioning can be beneficial for you. Excessive sitting and too little exercise can lead to you having weak or inflexible hips. However, athletes that overuse their hips can injure themselves and experience pain. Finding out what hip exercises will work best for you can be tricky, so contacting an orthopedist in Garden City NY is an excellent place to start. Some good hip exercises that can enhance your hip mobility may include:
- Start on your right leg with your left leg lifted.
- Do 20 circles with the lifted leg.
- Put your left leg on the floor and switch to the right leg. Repeat step 2.
- Perform two to three sets on each leg.
- Stand up straight with both arms extended in front of you. Make sure your palms are facing down.
- Start walking forward. While walking, swing one of your legs up to extend it straight out.
- Bring that leg down to the ground, and repeat the previous steps on the following leg.
- Perform this exercise for at least one minute.
- Start on the ground lying flat on your back.
- Grab your right knee and pull it up towards your chest.
- Hold the leg for 30 seconds to stretch. Return it to the starting position.
- Repeat this with the left leg.
- Do this stretch two to three times on each side.
Contact Our Orthopedist Garden City NY
At Advanced Orthopedics & Joint Preservation, we understand hip pain and can provide you with the tools you need to make a speedy recovery. Our team will help you find a treatment that works best for you. You should not have to battle your hip pain alone. To make an appointment with an orthopedist in Garden City NY, contact us today!
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.