Hip pain that persists over time and disrupts day-to-day activities could be a sign you need a hip replacement. Other signs include your hip becoming stiff after sitting in the car, looming aches during and after exercise, or medication not providing sufficient pain relief. When you delay hip replacement you risk surrounding muscles weakening making physical therapy more difficult, as well as a deformity in the hip joint which makes future surgery more complicated. Hip replacement surgery on Long Island is made easy with the skilled team at Advanced Orthopedics & Joint Preservation.
Common Hip Conditions:
If you’re experiencing serious pain in your hip or legs, one of these common hip conditions may be the cause of your distress.
- Trochanteric Bursitis – Also known as hip bursitis, those who suffer may experience a sharp pain on the outside of their hip that worsens following long periods of inactivity. This is due to the inflammation of the bursa in your hip, which serves to provide a cushion between your bone and tissue. Trochanteric Bursitis can be treated with ice, rest, and pain medication, but surgery is often required.
- Hip Dysplasia – Often indicated by a limp or pain in the hip and deep in the groin, hip dysplasia involves the hip socket insufficiently sheltering the ball part of the femur. Younger people suffering may find relief with a brace to recorrect their dysplasia, but older people usually need surgery.
- Avascular Necrosis – When an insufficient amount of blood is given to the bone tissue in the hip, resulting in fractures and even large breaks in the femur. In many cases, symptoms are not felt until the break in the femur, in which case surgery is almost always required to feel relief.
For those suffering from similar ailments that may be wondering if hip replacement surgery is right for them, Advanced Orthopedics & Joint Preservation offers joint analysis through hip arthroscopy as well as hip replacement surgery on Long Island. Using modern procedures such as SuperPath Hip Replacement and Birmingham Hip Resurfacing ensures patients they are receiving the highest quality techniques.
If determined by your Orthopedist that hip surgery is right for you, they’ll discuss the following options and their benefits with you.
- SuperPath Hip Replacement – Cutting edge technology that minimizes the incision needed to perform surgery, along with very little dissection of deep tissues. Benefits of SuperPath Hip Replacement include less post-operation pain, a greatly reduced risk of future dislocation, and a shorter recovery period after surgery.
- Birmingham Hip Resurfacing – An alternative to hip replacement surgery, the Birmingham Hip Resurfacing System is focused on saving more bone than most hip replacements. Implementing a metal-on-metal joint is done to avoid longevity problems associated with Polyethylene.
Hip pain can be strenuous and difficult to manage alone, but for those wondering about or need hip replacement on Long Island, Advanced Orthopedics & Joint Preservation is here to help. Book an appointment today!
Advanced Orthopedics & Joint Preservation
133 East Merrick Road,Valley Stream,NY-11580,
Telephone No.(516) 887-5500
Hip pain is difficult to manage alone, but for those needing a hip replacement surgery on Long Island, Advanced Orthopedics & Joint Preservation can help.