29 Oct Shin-Strengthening Exercises
Few things can derail a workout quicker than dealing with shin pain. Whether this pain takes place during a routine exercise program or an athletic competition, it can be infuriating to deal with for our patients. At Advanced Orthopedics & Joint Preservation, we don’t want you to have to spend copious amounts of time rehabbing from a situation like this one. That is why our orthopedist in Manhasset would like to share a few shin-strengthening exercises you can perform to help keep you pain-free.
- Start by standing barefoot with your feet hip-width apart.
- Place one foot on top of a towel that has been laid on the floor.
- Using your toes, slowly grip the towel and pull it towards you.
- Once this is done, return the towel to the starting position.
- For the best results, our orthopedist in Manhasset recommends performing 10 to 15 repetitions on each foot.
Point And Flex
- While standing, place both feet hip-width apart.
- Place your hands on your hip, put all your weight on one leg, and slowly lift the other off of the ground.
- Flex the raised foot towards your shin, then point it away from it.
- Repeat this motion 10 to 15 times before repeating the exercise with the other leg.
- Stand up straight with your feet together and arms firmly at your sides.
- Slowly rise onto your tiptoes.
- Step forward with your right foot.
- Land with your right heel on the ground, then slowly roll onto your midfoot, then on to the top of your toes.
- Repeat this action with your left foot.
- Our orthopedist in Manhasset recommends taking 10 to 15 of these rolling steps on each foot to help strengthen your shin.
- Place a resistance band between your thighs, then place your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Make sure your feet remain far enough apart throughout the entire exercise, so tension in the band remains.
- Step forward with your left foot, followed by your right foot.
- Once completed, step backward with your right foot then left foot.
- Next, step right with your right foot, then with your left foot.
- To round out this exercise, step left with your right foot then with your left foot.
Contact Our Orthopedist in Manhasset
If you’re having issues with your shins, our orthopedist in Manhasset is here to help. We’ll provide you with the treatment methods needed to help you make a full recovery. For more beneficial shin-strengthening exercises or to schedule an appointment for care, don’t hesitate to contact our team at Advanced Orthopedics & Joint Preservation today.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.