Dr. Stanislav Avshalumov
Board Certified Orthopaedic Surgeon
Stanislav Avshalumov, DO, FAOBOS
Dr. Avshalumov specializes in the treatment of a variety of orthopaedic conditions and performs several orthopaedic procedures including:
- Joint Preservation
- Sports Medicine
- General Orthopedics
View Dr. Avshalumov’s Vitals Reviews »
View Dr. Avshalumov’s ZocDoc Reviews »
- Osteopathic Medicine: New York College of Osteopathic Medicine, New York, NY
- Orthopaedic Surgery Residency: Peninsula Hospital Center, Far Rockaway, NY
- Joint Preservation, Resurfacing & Replacement Fellowship: Washington University Orthopedics, St. Louis, MO
- New York State Medical License
- State of New Jersey License
- American Boards of Orthopaedic Surgery (AOBOS) – May 2011
- National Board of Osteopathic Medical Examiners – Complex Step I, II, IIIACLS, BLS, Infection Control
- South Nassau Communities HospitalSeptember 2007–December 2007Free-Hand Technique Modification on Birmingham Hip ResurfacingAuthors: Dr. Avshalumov & Dr. Gerber
- University of Kentucky & Shriners Hospital for ChildrenJanuary 2006–April 2006Scoliosis in Autistic ChildrenAuthors: Dr. Avshalumov & Dr. Milbrandt
- North Shore University Hospital NY Manhasset2006–2007Total Hip Replacement in Patient with History of PoliomyelitisAuthors: Dr. Avshalumov & Dr. Siderman
- Astrakhan Medical AcademySeptember 1993–December 1994Rehabilitation of Muscle after Surgical Reconstruction of Anterior Cruciate Ligament TearResearch Assistant of Dr. Ramiz Ibragimov
- American Osteopathic Board of Orthopedic Surgery (AOBOS)
- American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopedics (AOAO)
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS)
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery (ABOS)
- American Medical Association (AMA)
Surgery Center Affiliations
Click here for an Orthopedist in Brooklyn
Alexander Wicker, RPA-C
Registered Orthopedic Physician Assistant
Alexander Wicker, RPA-C
Click here to visit our Orthopedist near Rockville Centre
Alexander Wicker is a registered orthopedic physician assistant and specializes in the treatment of a variety of orthopaedic conditions and procedures including:
- Emergency Trauma
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Undergraduate: Hofstra University, Hempstead, NY
- Muhlenberg College, Allentown, PA
- Physician Assistant Program: Hofstra University, Hempstead NY
- Pre-requisites for PA Program: Nassau Community College, Garden City, New York
- Physician Assistant – Orthopaedic Surgery: Advanced Orthopaedics & Joint Preservation, PC, Valley Stream, NY (December 1, 2012 –Present)
- Manage all aspects of care for adult and pediatric patients in a private office setting under the supervision of Board Certified and sub-specialty fellowship trained Orthopaedic Surgeons.
- Experience with first and second assisting in the operating room.
- Physician Assistant – Department of Orthopaedic Surgery: Nassau University Medical Center, East Meadow, NY (January 1, 2012 – June 30, 2013)
- Manage all aspects of care for adult and pediatric patients on the entire orthopaedic service on the inpatient settings, outpatient clinics, perioperative, as well as performing emergent and routine consults under the supervision of Board Certified and Sub-specialty fellowship trained Orthopaedic Surgeons.
- Experience with first and second assisting in the operating room on numerous occasions, including complex fracture repairs, and total joint replacements.
- Perform wide range of skills including physical exams, administering intraarticular injections; prepare written prescriptions, splinting, and casting. lnstruct and advise patients regarding medications and treatment.
- Clinical Coordinator, Joint Replacement Program: Nassau University Medical Center, East Meadow, NY (September 15, 2012 – June 30, 2013)
- Physician Assistant – Emergency Department: Nassau University Medical Center, East Meadow, NY (March 14, 2011 – December 31, 2011)
- Manage all aspects of care for adult patients in the Main E.D. (Acute Care) and both adult and pediatric patients in the Fast Track (Urgent Care) settings under the supervision of Board Certified Emergency Medicine Physicians.
- Perform wide range of skills including physical exams, administering injections and immunizations, suturing, prepare written prescriptions, splinting, and lumbar punctures. Instruct and advise patients regarding medications and treatment and/or refer them to appropriate specialists.
- NCCPA certified, January 2011
- NYS Licensed, February 2011
- New Jersey Licensed, 2013
- ACLS, BCLS, ATLS certified
- DEA certified
- Infection Control certified
- NYS Advanced Emergency Medical Technician certified
- Hofstra University Physician Assistant Program: Class of 2010 Vice-President
- Hofstra University Society of Physician Assistant Students: Co-Founder, Past President, Lifetime Member
- American Academy of Physician Assistants, Fellow Member
- New York State Society of Physician Assistants, Fellow Member
- American Association of Surgical Physician Assistants, Fellow Member
- Society of Emergency Medicine Physician Assistants, Fellow Member
- American Society of Orthopaedic Physician’s Assistants, Affiliate Member
- Physician Assistants in Orthopaedic Surgery, Fellow Member
Previous Work Experience
- The National Enquirer: District Retail Manager (March 2003 – August 2008)
- Managed a staff of six part-time employees whose tasks involved magazine merchandising, advertising signage placement, and product reordering in retail stores.
- Personally assisted in the re-launch of Star magazine from a tabloid format in January 2004.
Organizations & Clubs:
- Volunteer Firefighter, Garden City Park Fire Department
- Ex-Lieutenant, Rescue Company
Skills & Interests
- Strong interests in Orthopaedic Trauma Surgery, Joint Preservation and Reconstruction
- Self-motivated and eager to learn
- Strong work ethic
- Team player
- Proficient in the use of Electronic Medical Records
Why Should You See An Orthopedist?
Orthopedic surgeons can use both surgical and nonsurgical methods to treat their patients for several injuries including sports injuries, infections, tumors, degenerative diseases, congenital disorders, and musculoskeletal trauma. It is the job of the orthopedic doctor to get their patients up and moving again, enjoying pain-free activities, and a higher quality of life. If you are considering visiting an orthopedist, choose the trusted Nassau County Orthopedist Dr. Stanislav Avshalumov at Advanced Orthopedics & Joint Preservation.
Pain that requires an orthopedist
Orthopedists can offer a variety of treatments and medical care ranging from non-invasive to major reconstructions. How do you know if visiting an orthopedic surgeon is right for you? If you suffer from muscle, joint, or tendon pain, consulting with a medical expert is advised as opposed to relying on medication. Especially if you experience discomfort that interrupts your daily life, visiting a Nassau County Orthopedist could alleviate your pain.
Arthritis and tendon injuries are typical reasons to visit an orthopedist. Treatment is contingent on the intensity of your pain and how far the problem has advanced. Another common treatment option is cortisone therapy: injections of cortisone into the affected area can help reduce inflammation, aiding in the body’s natural healing process. Some doctors recommend therapeutic exercises and physical therapy in conjunction with injection therapy.
In addition to arthritis, here are some other common reasons to see an orthopedic surgeon:
- Swelling or bruising around a particular joint
- Difficulty straightening the spine
- Musculoskeletal deformity
- Prolonged discomfort in joints, tendons, or muscles
- Any significant or unusual changes to the way your musculoskeletal system works
How we can help
It is especially important to seek a doctor’s advice if you’re not sure about the cause of your discomfort. Delaying the treatment of an injury could end up worsening the damage. If you are experiencing any of these issues, turn to the experienced and devoted Nassau County Orthopedist at Advanced Orthopedics & Joint Preservation. Contact us today to find out if visiting an orthopedist is right for you.
What is an Orthopedic Surgeon?
Were you ever curious as to what an orthopedic surgeon is and what kind work they specifically perform on their patients? Orthopedists specialize in injuries that occur in the body’s musculoskeletal system. Joints, muscles, ligaments, nerves, and tendons are all considered a part of the musculoskeletal system.
At Advanced Orthopedics & Joint Preservation, we offer many different services for our patients in need of help. The Nassau County Orthopedist can guarantee fast results and a steady healing process for the affected area of your body. Feel free to contact us for an appointment or to find out more information about our practice.
What They Offer
If you are in search of a Nassau County Orthopedist, then contact Advanced Orthopedics and Joint Preservation today. When seeing an orthopedist, it is important know to your body and understand what might be giving you pain to give the orthopedist the necessary information. The more you can tell them the more quality service they can provide for you. Some of the services that are offered by an orthopedic surgeon include:
- Diagnosis – they will examine you to get a better understanding of what is causing you pain.
- Treatment – they will prescribe medication, recommend exercises, surgery or other options.
- Rehab – physical therapy could be an option for you depending on your condition or the severity.
- Prevention – they will give you tips and information regarding your specific issue and how to prevent having problems or pain in the future.
If you are feeling any sort of pain regarding your muscles, joints, ligaments or tendons, it is important to visit our Nassau County Orthopedist
What They Treat
Treating the pain in your muscles, tendons, ligaments, and joints can be quite simple. Some orthopedic surgeons will recommend different types of treatments but it truly depends on the person and the type of problem they are experiencing. Some of the treatments that orthopedic surgeons offer include:
- Arthroscopy – using a small camera, they can insert and diagnose what the problem is in between the ligaments.
- Fusion – when bones are grafted together to make a single bone solid and allow for recovery.
- Soft tissue repair – mending ligaments or tendons
- Joint replacement – taking out a joint that has been severely damaged and replaced with a prosthetic.
- Osteotomy – fixing bone deformities by aligning and cutting the bones.
Treating your problems with surgery may be the best option for you unless your orthopedist recommends something else for you.
Nassau County Orthopedist
By recognizing the problems within your muscles and soft tissues, it may be in your best interest to follow through with an appointment with our Nassau County Orthopedist. Advanced Orthopedics & Joint Preservation have the top of the line treatment to help assist their patients and make sure that their health is the top priority.