Do I Need A Hip Replacement?
Hip Replacement – Orthopedist in Nassau County
Joint replacements are increasingly popular methods of dealing with severe joint damage. One of the most difficult questions is whether or not a replacement is necessary. If you notice that stiffness and pain near your hip or if you are unable to complete daily tasks without help, contact an orthopedist in Nassau County at Advanced Orthopedics and Joint Preservation.
What are the main reasons to get a hip replacement?
There are two main reasons that many individuals get hip replacements.
- Arthritis in the hip can cause painful inflammation and limited mobility. In many cases, the solution is to have a hip replacement.
- The other common cause of a hip replacement is a severely broken hip. In some cases, healing from a broken hip can be difficult, and one may better benefit from a hip replacement.
The most important thing to look at when deciding whether or not you need a hip replacement is your quality of life. If you feel you cannot do the things you normally were able to, a hip replacement may be right for you. Check for these common signs, then schedule an appointment with an orthopedist in Nassau County.
- You are unable to complete daily tasks without assistance.
- You have significant pain that interferes with sleeping or mobility.
- Doctors have told you non-surgical methods are not likely to help.
- You have arthritis that has not been helped by other treatments.
- Your current medications have severe side effects.
- Tests show you have advanced or severe joint damage.
- There is stiffness or pain in the joint.
- There is a frequent grinding sensation in your hip joint.
While it is always important to weigh the pros and cons of any treatment option, in the case of a hip replacement, one must look at their quality of life. If you feel your life is suffering as a result of hip pain, a hip replacement may be right for you. Contact our team of professionals at Advanced Orthopedics and Joint Preservation. There, you can find an orthopedist in Nassau County to best assess and assist you with your hip replacement surgery and recovery.