24 Apr What is an Orthopedic Surgeon?
Were you ever curious as to what an orthopedic surgeon is and what kind work they specifically perform on their patients? Orthopedists specialize in injuries that occur in the body’s musculoskeletal system. Joints, muscles, ligaments, nerves, and tendons are all considered a part of the musculoskeletal system.
At Advanced Orthopedics & Joint Preservation, we offer many different services for our patients in need of help. The Orthopedist in Nassau County can guarantee fast results and a steady healing process for the affected area of your body. Feel free to contact us for an appointment or to find out more information about our practice.
What They Offer
When seeing an orthopedist, it is important know to your body and understand what might be giving you pain to give the orthopedist the necessary information. The more you can tell them the more quality service they can provide for you. Some of the services that are offered by an orthopedic surgeon include:
- Diagnosis – they will examine you to get a better understanding of what is causing you pain.
- Treatment – they will prescribe medication, recommend exercises, surgery or other options.
- Rehab – physical therapy could be an option for you depending on your condition or the severity.
- Prevention – they will give you tips and information regarding your specific issue and how to prevent having problems or pain in the future.
If you are feeling any sort of pain regarding your muscles, joints, ligaments or tendons, it is important to visit our Orthopedist in Nassau County.
What They Treat
Treating the pain in your muscles, tendons, ligaments, and joints can be quite simple. Some orthopedic surgeons will recommend different types of treatments but it truly depends on the person and the type of problem they are experiencing. Some of the treatments that orthopedic surgeons offer include:
- Arthroscopy – using a small camera, they can insert and diagnose what the problem is in between the ligaments.
- Fusion – when bones are grafted together to make a single bone solid and allow for recovery.
- Soft tissue repair – mending ligaments or tendons
- Joint replacement – taking out a joint that has been severely damaged and replaced with a prosthetic.
- Osteotomy – fixing bone deformities by aligning and cutting the bones.
Treating your problems with surgery may be the best option for you unless your orthopedist recommends something else for you.
Orthopedist in Nassau County
By recognizing the problems within your muscles and soft tissues, it may be in your best interest to follow through with an appointment with our Orthopedist in Nassau County. Advanced Orthopedics & Joint Preservation have the top of the line treatment to help assist their patients and make sure that their health is the top priority.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.