28 Aug What Shoes Should I Wear To Work Out?
Proper Footwear – Orthopedist in Nassau County
When working out, do you ever stop and ask yourself if you are wearing the proper footwear? Most likely, the answer is no. This, however, is an extremely important consideration that must not be overlooked when preparing to exercise. Having the right shoes can improve your performance and prevent injury. The injuries that can occur from wearing the wrong footwear during exercise are painful and not to mention a huge nuisance, so it is best to ensure that you have the proper footwear for your workout.
What injuries can occur from wearing improper footwear?
- Hammer toe. Wearing shoes that are too tight could cause your toes to curl up from lack of space in the shoe. The joints in your toes could even become dislocated permanently.
- Ingrown toenails. This occurs when your toes do not have enough room in the shoe. The nail digs into the toes causing pain, inflammation, and possibly fungal infections.
- Flat foot syndrome. Wearing certain shoes can cause significant damage to your feet. Lack of support in a shoe can cause back, hip, and knee pain.
- Plantar Fasciitis. Shoes with thin soles or ones which have been worn out from excessive wear can cause the tissue in your foot to tear which leads to inflammation and pain.
Wearing the correct footwear is very important due to the risks involved. If you have concerns about your foot condition, visit our orthopedist in Wantagh. Not seeking medical attention as soon as possible could create permanent damage and bothersome pain.
Proper footwear for certain exercises
It is important to have shoes for exercising, but unfortunately, that is not enough. There are particular shoes that you should wear for certain exercises or sports you are partaking in. If you are unaware of the proper shoe you should be wearing, visit our orthopedist in Wantagh for assistance.
- Running. If you are a serious runner, you know just how important it is to wear the right shoes. Running shoes should have a lot of support and cushion that act as shock absorbers for when your feet strike the ground.
- Basketball. You should be wearing thick-soled sneakers that come up high. The importance of wearing high shoes for basketball is to prevent ankle and foot injuries caused by jumping.
- Tennis. Tennis shoes should be light and flexible to help with the quick and constant side-to-side movement that tennis requires.
How could Advanced Orthopedics and Joint Prevention help?
Our team at Advanced Orthopedics and Joint Prevention, an orthopedist in Wantagh, believes quality sports care is important for maintaining a healthy body. We understand just how important foot care is to athletes and know how to prevent an athlete from missing their season due to injury. We are equipped to deal with many sports medicine injuries.
Visit Advanced Orthopedics and Joint Prevention in Wantagh and our team will help you understand your condition and provide proper treatments to heal your injury. We create personalized plans for each patient to help them perform their best athletically! For your convenience, we make scheduling appointments very easy. Visit our website to create an appointment today!