Alexander Wicker, RPA-C
Registered Orthopedic Physician Assistant
Alexander Wicker, RPA-C
Click here to visit our Orthopedist near Rockville Centre
Alexander Wicker is a registered orthopedic physician assistant and specializes in the treatment of a variety of orthopaedic conditions and procedures including:
- Emergency Trauma
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Undergraduate: Hofstra University, Hempstead, NY
- Muhlenberg College, Allentown, PA
- Physician Assistant Program: Hofstra University, Hempstead NY
- Pre-requisites for PA Program: Nassau Community College, Garden City, New York
- Physician Assistant – Orthopaedic Surgery: Advanced Orthopaedics & Joint Preservation, PC, Valley Stream, NY (December 1, 2012 –Present)
- Manage all aspects of care for adult and pediatric patients in a private office setting under the supervision of Board Certified and sub-specialty fellowship trained Orthopaedic Surgeons.
- Experience with first and second assisting in the operating room.
- Physician Assistant – Department of Orthopaedic Surgery: Nassau University Medical Center, East Meadow, NY (January 1, 2012 – June 30, 2013)
- Manage all aspects of care for adult and pediatric patients on the entire orthopaedic service on the inpatient settings, outpatient clinics, perioperative, as well as performing emergent and routine consults under the supervision of Board Certified and Sub-specialty fellowship trained Orthopaedic Surgeons.
- Experience with first and second assisting in the operating room on numerous occasions, including complex fracture repairs, and total joint replacements.
- Perform wide range of skills including physical exams, administering intraarticular injections; prepare written prescriptions, splinting, and casting. lnstruct and advise patients regarding medications and treatment.
- Clinical Coordinator, Joint Replacement Program: Nassau University Medical Center, East Meadow, NY (September 15, 2012 – June 30, 2013)
- Physician Assistant – Emergency Department: Nassau University Medical Center, East Meadow, NY (March 14, 2011 – December 31, 2011)
- Manage all aspects of care for adult patients in the Main E.D. (Acute Care) and both adult and pediatric patients in the Fast Track (Urgent Care) settings under the supervision of Board Certified Emergency Medicine Physicians.
- Perform wide range of skills including physical exams, administering injections and immunizations, suturing, prepare written prescriptions, splinting, and lumbar punctures. Instruct and advise patients regarding medications and treatment and/or refer them to appropriate specialists.
- NCCPA certified, January 2011
- NYS Licensed, February 2011
- New Jersey Licensed, 2013
- ACLS, BCLS, ATLS certified
- DEA certified
- Infection Control certified
- NYS Advanced Emergency Medical Technician certified
- Hofstra University Physician Assistant Program: Class of 2010 Vice-President
- Hofstra University Society of Physician Assistant Students: Co-Founder, Past President, Lifetime Member
- American Academy of Physician Assistants, Fellow Member
- New York State Society of Physician Assistants, Fellow Member
- American Association of Surgical Physician Assistants, Fellow Member
- Society of Emergency Medicine Physician Assistants, Fellow Member
- American Society of Orthopaedic Physician’s Assistants, Affiliate Member
- Physician Assistants in Orthopaedic Surgery, Fellow Member
Previous Work Experience
- The National Enquirer: District Retail Manager (March 2003 – August 2008)
- Managed a staff of six part-time employees whose tasks involved magazine merchandising, advertising signage placement, and product reordering in retail stores.
- Personally assisted in the re-launch of Star magazine from a tabloid format in January 2004.
Organizations & Clubs:
- Volunteer Firefighter, Garden City Park Fire Department
- Ex-Lieutenant, Rescue Company
Skills & Interests
- Strong interests in Orthopaedic Trauma Surgery, Joint Preservation and Reconstruction
- Self-motivated and eager to learn
- Strong work ethic
- Team player
- Proficient in the use of Electronic Medical Records