23 Jun Simple At-Home Exercises To Maintain Muscle And Joint Strength
The closures and limitations of gyms and other fitness facilities have thrown a wrench into the workout routines for many people. However, it is still possible to maintain both muscle and joint strength from the comfort of your own home. At Advanced Orthopedics & Joint Preservation, our team understands the important link between exercise and remaining healthy. To help our patients increase their chances of remaining pain-free, our orthopedist in Brooklyn would like to share some simple at-home exercises that anyone can perform.
- Lie flat on the ground placing your hands under your chest.
- Make a diamond shape with your hands and begin to push your body off the ground.
- Try to keep your back flat and core tight while doing so.
- Once your arms are completely straight, begin to lower your body back down to the ground.
- For optimal results, our orthopedist in Brooklyn recommends repeating this exercise for 10-20 reps for three sets.
- Stand up straight with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Keeping the weight on the balls of your feet, begin to bend your knees and bring your body towards the floor.
- Keep your back straight, core tight, eyes forward and hips out on your descent.
- Aim to bring your knees to a 90-degree angle before returning to a standing position.
- Perform three sets of 15-30 repetitions.
- Lie on the ground with your knees bent and feet flat on the floor.
- Cross your arms over your chest.
- Keeping your knees bent and feet flat, squeeze your core and bring your elbows to the top of your knees.
- Return to the starting position.
- Like the other exercises listed, perform three sets of 15-25 repetitions.
Contact Our Orthopedist in Brooklyn
With an air of uncertainty over New York and the rest of the world, creating a routine that can be done daily will help to alleviate stress and increase health levels. At Advanced Orthopedics & Joint Preservation, our team’s commitment to caring for our patients will never falter, no matter the situation. Our orthopedist in Brooklyn stresses the importance that at-home exercises play in maintaining muscle and joint strength. For more at-home exercises that are easy to perform, contact us today!