Protecting Yourself From Hip Injuries
Advanced Orthopedics and Joint Preservation is committed to helping patients reach their optimal level of wellness. If you or someone you know has suffered from a hip injury and is in search of an orthopedist in Brooklyn, contact us today to learn more!
Identifying Hip Injuries
Monitoring an individual’s hip health, especially those who participate in athletics, is of great importance for one’s overall health. It is easy to damage the joints and ligaments in your hips due to constant use and potential strain. Injuries of this nature can lead to a lot of pain and discomfort and may even require a potential surgical procedure. To keep yourself from experiencing any sort of hip injury, you need to take preventative measures as well as understand how the most common hip injuries tend to develop. If you’ve suffered a hip injury, to any degree, and require the assistance of an orthopedist, we can help! Here at Advanced Orthopedics and Joint Preservation, an orthopedist in Brooklyn, NY, we are here to help you treat and manage your hip-related discomfort.
Common Hip Injuries
There are many different situations in which a hip injury can develop. These incidents include car accidents, sports-related injuries, and even the development of arthritis in the hips. This makes it very difficult and painful for a patient to move. Here are some of the most common hip injuries:
- Broken Hip – Fractures can transpire at any age, but they most commonly occur in geriatric patients 65 years or older.
- Bursitis – A condition that features swelling in the bursae, fluid-filled sacs that help keep the ligaments and joints lubricated.
- Dislocation – Common for a patient who has shallow hip sockets or hip dysplasia.
- Labral Tear – This is a common injury for athletes and may result in surgery depending upon the severity.
- Snapping Hip Syndrome – Bands of tissue in the hip thicken which makes movement painful and difficult.
- Arthritis – Inflammation of hip joints and the breakdown of protective cartilage.
- Tendinitis – Inflammation of the tendons in the hip.
Ways To Prevent Hip Injuries
At Advanced Orthopedics and Joint Preservation, our orthopedist in Brooklyn can help to prevent, diagnose, and treat hip injuries. Below are simple ways our practice would advise our patients to prevent future hip injuries:
- Strengthening surrounding areas –
- The best way for patients to prevent any hip injuries is to strengthen the muscles that surround the hip. Muscle strength keeps joints moving properly and protects them from being damaged.
- Proper warm-up and cool-down
- Stretching and light running is important for preventing hip injuries. This helps the areas loosen up before intense exercise and will help prevent the pulling or tearing of the muscles in your hip.
- Wear proper-fitting shoes
- Wearing sneakers or cleats that do not fit properly or are worn down can cause a lot of unnecessary strain and impact on your hips. Wear shoes that are comfortable and provide good support for your arches. Also, avoid running on hard surfaces like concrete as much as possible.
Our Orthopedist in Brooklyn Can Help You
At Advanced Orthopedics & Joint Preservation, we are equipped with the most advanced technology in the field to help properly diagnose your injuries and ailments. Our doctors have years of experience and are here to make your treatment process as simple and enjoyable as possible. We offer a wide variety of orthopedic treatments that will help you with your pain and discomfort from your injuries. Schedule an appointment with our orthopedist in Brooklyn today online or call our office!