The Benefits of Minimally Invasive Surgery
If you are interested in the benefits of minimally invasive surgery and are searching for an orthopedist near Rockville Centre, contact Advanced Orthopedics & Joint Preservation today to learn more.
Minimally Invasive Surgery or MIS is a revolutionary technique. Unlike traditional surgery (large incision), minimally invasive surgery only requires a few small incisions – typically less than half an inch. Your surgeon will then use small tools, lights, and cameras to operate through these small tiny cuts. There are many advantages to choosing minimally invasive surgery. Our orthopedist near Rockville Centre will review the best option for you based on the type of injury or condition you are suffering from.
Why Choose MIS?
- Smaller incisions greatly reduce the pain and discomfort patients may experience post-operation.
Reduced use of narcotics:
- Because of this minimized pain, patients require smaller doses of pain relievers compared to those who underwent traditional surgery.
Decreased risk of complications:
- Because the incisions are smaller, this allows for less blood loss and a reduced risk of infection.
Shortened recovery period:
- Not only are patients typically able to leave the hospital more quickly, but they also often return to work and normal daily activities much sooner.
- Minor incisions lead to smaller and less noticeable scarring.
Less trauma to muscles, tissue:
- Traditional surgery often requires an incision made through muscle and therefore requires time for the muscle to heal. Because there are no cuts like this in minimally invasive surgery, it allows for less damage to the body and therefore quicker rehabilitation period. Our orthopedist near Rockville Centre will review what your specific rehabilitation plan will consist of following your surgery.
- In a study conducted by Managed Care Magazine, minimally invasive surgery was found to be associated with significantly lower costs than open surgery for the analyzed surgeries.
Lessened effect on the immune system:
- Surgery puts a great deal of stress on the body and the immune system. However, this can be reduced by a less invasive operation like MIS.
Orthopedist near Rockville Centre
At Advanced Orthopedics & Joint Preservation, an orthopedist near Rockville Centre, we specialize in minimally invasive hip and knee joint replacement procedures. Our staff is committed to making your treatment as easy as possible. We will discuss all options with you and whether or not MIS could be a solution for your condition. To start your path to healing, request an appointment on our website or give us a call.