10 Oct What Kind of Procedures Does an Orthopedist Perform?
An orthopedist is a specialist who focuses on conditions, diseases and injuries to the joints, bones and spine. They have many focuses however an important facet of their profession involves performing surgical procedures on patients who require specialized musculoskeletal care. In other words, they treat any complications pertaining to the bones, joints, tendons, ligaments, and muscles in your body. Orthopedists are extremely well adept and are capable of performing a wide variety of musculoskeletal procedures.
If you are looking for an orthopedist in Nassau County that you can trust, we suggest speaking with our orthopedist in Nassau County at Advanced Orthopedics and Joint Preservation. Not only are our doctors very experienced, but they strive to give every patient the attention and care they deserve while also keeping them well informed. The esteemed Dr. Stanislav Avshalumov and the rest of his skilled staff are able to perform several orthopedic procedures and can ensure that you are always receiving high-quality care.
What are some of the procedures that an orthopedist can perform?
Since orthopedists treat all issues surrounding the musculoskeletal system, there are a vast number of procedures that they can perform. After careful evaluation, your orthopedist in Nassau County will recommend the best course of treatment and the most optimal medical procedure for your ailment to help you heal quickly and properly. Here are some of the most common procedures orthopedists perform:
- Bone fracture repair – This procedure is necessary when a bone is fractured and the pieces need to be repositioned so the bone can heal properly. Customarily, this is done through the use of foreign devices such as screws, pins, or metal plates.
- Bone fusion – For this procedure, grafts are used to replace any missing bone to help heal a bone fracture.
- Osteotomy – In this procedure, a bone is shortened or lengthened to help fix any improper alignment.
- Spine fusion – A spine fusion is performed in order to fuse together vertebrae that have been separated in the spine.
- Debridement – In this procedure, any damaged soft tissues or bones are removed from the body.
- Pinched nerve procedure – When too much pressure is being applied to a nerve, a procedure can be done to help relieve pressure on the affected area.
- Herniated disc procedure – A procedure is done to correct any problems with the cushions between the vertebrae in your spine.
- Arthroscopy – Using an arthroscope, any damage or problems occurring inside a joint can be treated.
- Joint replacement – If a joint has been damaged and is worn down, a procedure can be done to replace that joint with a prosthesis.
- Soft tissue repair – This procedure can be used to repair any torn ligaments or tendons in the body.
How an Orthopedist in Nassau County can help treat you:
Orthopedists are capable of performing all different kinds of procedures involving the musculoskeletal system. If you need a procedure done, it’s important to have an orthopedist you can trust to give you the care you need. Consider visiting an orthopedist in Nassau County for any orthopedic care your body requires. The orthopedists at Advanced Orthopedics and Joint Preservation can help you get back to pain-free, comfortable living as quickly as possible. Contact us for more information on how we can help you.