22 Jul Workers Comp Injuries and Orthopedic Care
WORKERS COMPENSATION ORTHOPEDIC DOCTORS IN BROOKLYN
Whether you are out doing construction, or sit behind a desk for the majority of your day, you could be at risk for workplace injuries. If you have been injured, you may be eligible for workers compensation. However, if you receive this, you still will need to heal, and that is where Advanced Orthopedics & Joint Preservation comes in. We have workers compensation orthopedic doctors in Brooklyn that can help you recover from your injury and get you back to work.
UNDERSTANDING WORKERS’ COMPENSATION INJURIES
Workers’ compensation injuries are injuries sustained while performing work-related duties. These injuries can occur in various industries, ranging from construction and manufacturing to healthcare and office settings. Common types of workers’ comp injuries include fractures, sprains, strains, back and neck injuries, repetitive motion injuries, and joint dislocations. When an employee encounters a workers comp injury, it is vital to seek immediate medical attention. Not only does this prioritize the employee’s well-being, but it also ensures that the injury is properly documented for the workers’ compensation claim. Workers compensation orthopedic doctors in Brooklyn, New York are pivotal in diagnosing and treating these injuries, providing personalized care plans tailored to each patient’s needs. We offer expert medical care to help employees get back to work pain-free after their work-related injuries.
COMMON WORKERS COMPENSATION ACCIDENT INJURIES
Every job has different types of hazards which can cause injuries that include:
- Trips, Slips and Falls- If a workplace is not maintained properly it can lead to injuries. Loose carpet, uneven or wet floors, or even clutter can create a hazardous work environment.
- Repetitive Stress Injuries– Injuries like carpal tunnel or tendonitis are widespread injuries in an office since many people spend all day typing or writing.
- Stiff Neck/Back Pain– Sitting and staring down at a computer all day can put a lot of stress on your neck and back, which can lead to extreme pain in those areas.
PHYSICAL LABOR INDUSTRIES
- Muscle Strains- For jobs that regularly require heavy lifting, muscle strains are extremely common. Strains can form in any part of the body like neck, back, arms, or legs.
- Being Hit By Falling Objects– Many blue collar jobs can be located in a highly active and dangerous environment, and objects can cause minor injuries like a cut to major injuries like a concussion.
- Crashes or Collisions- Accidents involving a crash or impact are common injuries as well. These injuries can have serious consequences, whether it consists of a car, forklift, or lorries.
THE ROLE OF ORTHOPEDIC DOCTORS IN BROOKLYN NY
Orthopedic care encompasses various treatments and therapies to restore optimal musculoskeletal function. In the context of workers’ compensation injuries, workers compensation orthopedic doctors in Brooklyn, New York bring their expertise to help injured workers regain mobility, alleviate pain, and achieve a successful recovery. Here is some more information about the role of orthopedic care in these cases:
- Accurate Diagnosis – Our workers compensation doctors possess the knowledge and skills to diagnose workers’ comp injuries accurately. Through a comprehensive evaluation, including physical examinations, imaging tests, and patient history analysis, they can identify the extent of the injury and determine the most appropriate treatment approach.
- Individualized Treatment Plans – Orthopedic care focuses on individualized treatment plans tailored to each patient’s condition. Whether through non-surgical interventions like physical therapy and medication management or more invasive procedures such as surgeries or joint replacements, orthopedic specialists will recommend the most effective course of action for optimal recovery. We may recommend an X-Ray to certify your injury for your claim.
- Pain Management – Chronic pain resulting from workers’ comp injuries can significantly impact an individual’s quality of life and ability to perform job-related tasks. Orthopedic care incorporates pain management strategies, including medications, injections, physical therapy modalities, and other innovative techniques, to alleviate pain and improve overall well-being.
- Rehabilitation and Physical Therapy – Following an injury, rehabilitation and physical therapy are critical to recovery. Our board certified orthopedic surgeon and doctor works closely with physical therapists to design personalized rehabilitation programs that restore strength, flexibility, and functionality. These programs typically include targeted exercises, manual therapy, and assistive devices to aid healing and rehabilitation.
- Long-Term Support – Orthopedic care extends beyond the initial treatment phase. Our physician can provide long-term support to workers by closely monitoring their progress, adjusting treatment plans as needed, and ensuring a smooth transition back to work. This comprehensive approach helps prevent re-injury, promotes sustained recovery, and facilitates workers’ successful return to their job duties.
Workplace injuries can be severe; they can lead to days off work and medical visits. New York requires employers to have workers compensation insurance in case of injuries. This insurance will cover the cost of medical appointments and missed work days if an accident does happen. Not every injury is covered under this, but to make sure you get the compensation you deserve, you need to report your injury to the HR department immediately. After reporting, make sure to make an appointment with an orthopedist who can diagnose your injury and create a personalized treatment plan.
Visit Our Brooklyn Location Today
At Advance Orthopedics & Joint Preservation, we specialize in treating an array of work-related injuries. It is our mission to ensure our patients return to work pain-free. If you need workers compensation orthopedic doctors in Brooklyn, please call Advanced Orthopedics & Joint Preservation to make an appointment at our facility. We have locations in Brooklyn and Valley Stream. Get the treatment you deserve today and call 718-333-1500.