22 Jul Workers Comp Injuries and Orthopedic Care
Workers Compensation – Orthopedist in Nassau County
Whether you are out doing construction, or sit behind a desk for the majority of your day, you could be at risk for workplace injuries. If you have been injured, you may be eligible for workers compensation. However, if you receive this, you still will need to heal, and that is where Advanced Orthopedics & Joint Preservation comes in. We have an Orthopedist in Nassau County that can help you recover from your injury and get you back to work.
Common Workplace Injuries
Every job has different types of hazards which can cause injuries that include:
- Trips, Slips and Falls- If a workplace is not maintained properly it can lead to injuries. Loose carpet, uneven or wet floors, or even clutter can create a hazardous work environment.
- Repetitive Stress Injuries– Injuries like carpal tunnel or tendonitis are widespread injuries in an office since many people spend all day typing or writing.
- Stiff Neck/Back Pain– Sitting and staring down at a computer all day can put a lot of stress on your neck and back, which can lead to extreme pain in those areas.
Physical Labor Industries
- Muscle Strains- For jobs that regularly require heavy lifting, muscle strains are extremely common. Strains can form in any part of the body like neck, back, arms, or legs.
- Being Hit By Falling Objects– Many blue collar jobs can be located in a highly active and dangerous environment, and objects can cause minor injuries like a cut to major injuries like a concussion.
- Crashes or Collisions- Accidents involving a crash or impact are common injuries as well. These injuries can have serious consequences, whether it consists of a car, forklift, or lorries.
Workplace injuries can be severe; they can lead to days off work and medical visits. New York requires employers to have workers compensation insurance in case of injuries. This insurance will cover the cost of medical appointments and missed work days if an accident does happen. Not every injury is covered under this, but to make sure you get the compensation you deserve, you need to report your injury to the HR department immediately. After reporting, make sure to make an appointment with an orthopedist who can diagnose your injury and create a personalized treatment plan. If you need an orthopedist in Nassau County, please call Advanced Orthopedics & Joint Preservation to make an appointment.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.