Common Muscle and Joint Injuries
Having severe muscle and joint pain? It may be in your best interest to visit the Valley Stream Orthopedist at Advanced Orthopedics & Joint Preservation. Muscle and joint pain can be treated by an orthopedist and we recommend coming in to get the help you need before your pain can get worse. By contacting us at Advanced Orthopedics & Joint Preservation, we can guarantee you that you will be back to your normal self, pain-free.
Different Types of Muscle & Joint Pain
Having muscle and joint pain is actually quite common for the average person. There are also many different types of pain that are affiliated with muscles and joints. Some of the pain that is caused in these areas include:
- Rotator cuff injury
- Knee pain
- Tendinitis – inflammation of the tendon
- Bursitis – inflammation of bursa, (small cells located around the body that contain liquid) that helps reduce friction between bones and tissue
The pains can easily be treated with the right amount of assistance from an orthopedist. Making sure you get treated for the pain is very important, as many of these ailments are best not to be self treated. The quicker you get the help needed, the faster you will be able to return to your normal day-to-day activities without pain.
Treating muscle and joint pains are very simple. Visiting the Valley Stream Orthopedist can help restore your muscles and joints to their normal state. There are many ways to treat pain. Some of these include:
- Resting – resting your injury may be best. Your orthopedist may recommend using crutches to keep the weight off the affected area
- Elevation – this reduces swelling to the injured area
- Using ice – this reduces pain and swelling (NEVER put ice directly on the skin)
- Compression – this stops from swelling and loss of blood
Valley Stream Orthopedist
Going to an orthopedist can help with your strains and other pains happening within your muscles or joints. It can truly benefit your muscle health and help restore the strength that was once there. The Valley Stream Orthopedist at Advanced Orthopedics & Joint Preservation can help assist you and the pains that are occurring in your body. We want the best for you and your muscle/joint health. Contact us to schedule an appointment to let us help relieve your pain.